Sunday, January 2, 2011

Blueberry Scones

Blueberry Scones

2 Cups + 2Tbsp+1Tbsp Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/8 tsp salt
6 1/2 Tbsp + 1 1/2 Tbsp Butter, chilled
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Cup Half and Half, chilled
2/3 Cup frozen Blueberries

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use your Flexipat.
Combine blueberries and 1Tbsp flour in a small bowl and place it in the freezer.
Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
Cut in butter until it is about pea sized. These will melt while baking in the oven; leaving pockets of buttery yumminess.
Add vanilla and half and half until it is just barely incorporated. (I didn't have half and half but I did need to use up some whipping cream. I doubled the recipe and came up 1/2 Cup short so I used regular old 2% Milk and the world survived.)
Knead blueberries into mixture until it forms a ball. Pat dough out on a lightly floured surface into a 9-10inch circle.
Cut into 8 triangles and place 1 inch apart on your baking sheet.
Take 1 1/2 Tbsp butter and cut it up into 8 pieces. Place a piece on each triangle.
Bake 15 minutes.

I found the original recipe from a blog called Good Things Catered. I can't find it though. Sad. She had a ton of awesome recipes. Loved her Window Sill Tomato Sauce.
Sorry there are no pictures. My camera battery went dead. I guess I will be forced to make them again soon...

1 comment:

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you and do my best to reply. I am here to have fun so constructive comments only please.