March Came in like a lion, roared most of the month and then in the last few days left as a lamb. My box from my Foodie Pen Pal, Katie from running4cupcakes, helped get me through all those extra "lion"days. I love getting my boxes from all over the United States and this month Katie sent me surprises from Minnesota! My Hubby really began to embrace the FPP this month. At first he conspiricy theories that people might send us things they had poisoned. Now I can't keep him out of the box long enough to get home from work! This time I barely made it home before he started taste testing for me. Everyone got in on this box. I even shared with the kids!
- Angie's Kettle Korn is my new obsession. Seriously. It is that good. I got on their website and found out where they sell it locally. I have only found it at one store and they didn't even have the Politely Sweet & Spicy flavored. I want to be adventurous and try the other flavors but this is AMAZING! And at $5 a bag here I would be adventurous and broke. Katie said that it is made near her in MN. If it is cheaper and easier to find I may have to move to Minnesota...
- Trader Joe's Peanut butter Pretzels were great! We don't have a TJ's around these parts so it is fun getting things from there. A lot of peanut butter snacks are overpoweringly peanut butter but these were not. They were just right. Since we went all over town for my Kettle Korn; Madison wanted me to find out where to buy more of these. When I told her that they are only sold at Trader Joe's she suggested having Katie send some each month for her. We had fun dissecting them to get the peanut butter out of the hollow pretzel.
- The Goldfish weren't just any Goldfish...they were CUPCAKE FLAVORED! They even have tiny rainbow flecks, just like the confetti cake. I may get some of these when I do my Rainbow Fish lesson at preschool. I found these at the store locally and there is an entire dessert line of Goldfish. I now have s'more flavored Goldfish crackers for my snack at preschool.
- This small Trader Joe's chocolate bar was like heaven with a cookie. I had a piece of it before bed. When I woke up there was more missing than I had remembered eating. Remember the Hubby with the conspiracy theories? He tried it and couldn't help himself. "I felt so guilty but you were asleep and it was so good! I tried to take little bites but I couldn't stop." That is totally a valid argument. I split the rest with him because I do love him that much on a good day. ;o)
- Justin's Hazelnut Butter was delicious on my apple and banana at snack time. I had seen this on other blogs but this was my first time trying it. Easily portable in my lunchbox that I
stoleborrow from my girls. Katie said it is perfect on anything or just to eat off a spoon. It would be wasteful not to lick off whatever you used to spread it.
- The LaffyTaffy was as fun to read as it was to eat. The girls had to read us the jokes before they could eat one. We all had a few laughs, learned a few new jokes and we were able to keep track of how many candies the kids were trying to eat. Fun and
evilresponsible parenting all at once!
- Mt goodie bars. Oh My Yum! Chocolate then peanut butter then chocolate and peanuts! WHAT!?! I know. Delish! These were gone pretty fast. FYI: The picture only shows the first layer of goodie bars. There are seconds under what you see. Oh My Yum x 2!
I really, really enjoyed my Foodie Pen Pal box from Katie this month. Now I am going to go run because like Katie says, "I run to eat". I probably use the word "run" more loosely than her however. If the pace picks up to a jog at all during the time I am briskly walking I have gone on a run. Now that the weather is lamb like I can get my woolly tail out an do some running!