Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Date Chicken

I had some chicken and couldn't settle on one idea for dinner so I decided to let Hubby decide what to do with it. He picked the recipe I had no desire to make or eat. It was one of the BEST meals we have had in a while! I had to share the recipe. I didn't think it would turn out this awesome so I didn't bother to take pictures. The only pictures I did get were not of the best chickens. Those all got ate. I had to fight the ravenous rascals off just to get this picture.



First Date Chicken

2 Boneless, skinless Chicken breasts (we used 5)
4 oz cream cheese*
2 green onions, sliced*
2 bacon slices (I put 2 slices of bacon on each chicken)
garlic salt
white pepper

*I bought an 8oz container green onion and chive cream cheese. It cut down on prep time and I figure it tasted better because the green onion and chives marinated in the cream cheese for extra flavor.  :o)

Make sure all of the chicken pieces are of even thickness. Pound if necessary. Slice the onions and combine with the cream cheese. Place chicken on a Silpat (I used a Flexipat so the bacon grease wouldn't catch my house on fire by dripping into the bottom of the oven) and sprinkle on garlic salt and white pepper. Place about 2 oz cream cheese on each chicken breast. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.

I got this recipe from Demarle at Home Cook Book Cooking Across America

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you and do my best to reply. I am here to have fun so constructive comments only please.