Friday, February 4, 2011

Moose!

Yesterday was pretty exciting here in Walla Walla. A Mama Moose and her two babies took a walk through town. Along the way they took a detour through our yard. I wasn't home but luckily, my Mother-in-law (MIL) was at her house next door with her camera.

They were across the street in a field



and then went down the cul-de-sac and into some one's back yard.





I asked my MIL how they got into our yard (we share a 3/4 acre lot) when we have such a hard time.




If you look closely you can see the plank that we use to climb over the fence. There is also a hole one can climb through.





MIL exclaimed, "MEGAN! They were HUGE! The Mama just stepped over and the babies hopped over."


They are as big as the swing set!



Hubby said the Mama was as tall as the overhang on the roof.


Hubby told me that the police were treating the situation as if the moose were blood thirsty children-eaters. They made people go into their houses and had MIL bring Duke Dog inside.
And then they crossed Plaza Way and ran off towards The Country Club. I think they were just late for their tee time. Golf, anyone?*



*Haha! I made myself laugh when I went back to proof read my blog. The window that the last picture is taken out of is the same window Hubby broke last summer while practicing his golf swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you and do my best to reply. I am here to have fun so constructive comments only please.