Monday, February 7, 2011

New Year, New Goals

OK. I'm pretty late getting this one up. Better late than never though, right? I am telling myself it was better to wait so I could pig out on Superbowl Sunday. Even though we didn't actually do anything for Superbowl Sunday I have spent the last month pigging out and putting off my New Year Goals.

I didn't make any resolutions this year. I fail every year at those darn resolutions. This year I decided will be the year of goals (sorry, Rabbits). I want to work on setting some goals and then figuring out the steps to accomplish said goals. I want to have a few personal goals, a few family goals, a few money goals, a few marriage goals and a few spiritual goals.

One of my goals in setting goals is to teach my children (and Hubby) how to life plan. In working with the teen moms one thing that keeps popping into my mind is that some of these girls have no life plan, goals or plan as to doing anything whatsoever with their life. I want my kids to have a plan. Even if it is just a rough outline of life, at least there is a path.

So stepping off my soap box and into my thinking cap:

Personal Goals
To make meal planning a priority
To be on time or early (not by this skin of our teeth)
Stop fluttering and sputtering and start FLYing with FlyLady
Loose weight (I will never be "skinny" but I can still be healthy)
Consistently blog

Family Goals
Spend more time together not preoccupied by media sources
Take a family vacation (We liked Leavenworth but just about anywhere would be great to get away to)
Buy a house

Money Goals
Make budgeting a priority
Start Dave Ramsey's practices
Get our savings account up

Marriage Goals
To make my hubby a priority
Do The Husband Project
To have a Date Night once a month

Spiritual Goals
Spend some time in the Bible each day
Pray more purposefully everyday (not just when I need help)


So there it is. My GOALS for 2011.
Many go hand in hand, some overlap others piggyback on other goals and some just are. Some seem so simple. If they were that simple I would have accomplished them when they were New Year Resolutions though...
Goals are great but they don't mean much without a plan. I think that I need to evaluate my goals and come up with some plans in which to accomplish these goals. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you and do my best to reply. I am here to have fun so constructive comments only please.