Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Freestyle Peach Tart

Freestyle Peach Tart
Makes 2 Tarts

When I was pregnant with Sarah my MIL gave us a peach pie. I ate the whole thing. The WHOLE thing. I justify my actions in that I was pregnant, the baby wanted it and it has to be healthy because it has fruit as an ingredient.
I gained about 70lbs that pregnancy.
I had a baby that was 11 lbs 1 oz and 24 inches long.
I'd say peaches are pretty darn healthy.

Ingredients
1 package refrigerated pie dough (2 pie crusts)
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
8 oz cream cheese, room tempish
4 cups peeled and sliced peaches
Topping of your choice
   We eat this with vanilla ice cream but the recipe is oriningally from Kraft Food and Family magazine (Summer 2012 p.56) and calls for Cool Whip on top.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Lay the pie crust out on a silpat. If you don't have a Silpat go buy one. Right now. If you are completely unable to get one you can spray a cookie sheet with foil.

Mix the cinnamon and sugar.

In another bowl stir together the cream cheese and 2 Tbsp cinnamon, sugar.

Divide and spread onto crusts leaving about 2in around the outside.



Set aside 2 Tbsp cinnamon, sugar and pour the rest over the peaches and toss until they are coated evenly. Don't kill them until all you have is peach juice. Gently toss them. And if anyone knows a peach peeling tip or trick or magic spell PLEASE let me know!



Divide and spread onto pie crust over the cream cheese.

Fold up the edges and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon, sugar over the tarts. Make sure to get some on the crust edges.
 




Bake about 25 min.




Eat one and share the other one with your family. Just kidding. Maybe... Share one with your family and bless another family with the other tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you and do my best to reply. I am here to have fun so constructive comments only please.