Monday, August 20, 2012

Mandy and Duke

This is what our little family was belting out today.




Hubby says it's about Barry's dog. I think he got that idea from a movie (maybe Can't Hardly Wait?). What do you think? Is Mandy a girl or a dog?


I love our Duke Dog. He's like one of the kids only he minds better. MJ told me one time that the only way you could tell Duke was adopted is because his eyes are brown and ours are blue. Yep. That's the only way.
Not sure I could write him a love song though.
Maybe...
I could tell him how great it makes me feel when he greets me with his waggily half tail. The way he uses his big, brown puppy eyes and expressive doggy brows to look at me. The way is is sweeter and more patient with the kids than I could ever be (there is no way I would ever let my kids pull my hair and ears or stick fingers up my nose or ride me like a bucking bronco while I WAS asleep). He cleans the leftovers up like I'm a world famous chef. He doesn't care what the house looks like or even me for that matter. He minds his manners, doesn't jump on people, stays off the furniture and he doesn't run or yell in the house. He is always willing to forgive any offense (like forgetting his favorite brand of dog food and bringing home kibbles that he will pick out and only eat the most moist morsels).  He's a great walking partner. He has my back unless he's scared.  He is always up for a game of chasing, wrestling, make-overs or science experiments (like what happens if I pull his lip up this way and stick my arm in his mouth). He is a champion at playing fetch. He can play fetch with golf balls so you never have to chase one again. He is a great swimmer; especially the Doggy Paddle. He is ready to listen to all of my problems. He follows me all over like I'm something special. His cold nose nuzzles are like hugs and they just melt me. He is our best friend, he is our son and our childrens' brother. I love our Duke Dog.
It still doesn't sound like Barry's Mandy...
But I'm going to go cuddle with my dog. <3 p="p">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you and do my best to reply. I am here to have fun so constructive comments only please.