Thursday, December 30, 2010

Brown Bag Burritos

This is a favorite at our house. I can make a ton of these and freeze them. Since I am going back to work on Monday I made some of these today.
When Noah gets off work at noon and gets home, he pops a couple of these burritos in the oven and they are done by the time he is showered and changed. Easy, fast and good. Can't get better than that!

I got the recipe from http://amysfinerthings.com/brown-bag-burritos

Brown Bag Burritos

2 lbs Ground Beef
2 cans refried beans
1 1/3 cups enchilada sauce
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup minced onion
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
3 cups shredded cheese
20 flour tortillas

Brown ground beef and drain.
Mix the rest of the ingredients in and simmer for 20 minutes.


Scoop 1/4-1/2 cup of the ground beef mixture onto each tortilla and roll up. It helps if you warm up the tortillas in the oven. They are easier to work with and don't tear as easily.

This is how many I ended up freezing. I am down a few due to Noah, me and the kids.


Wrap each burrito in foil. Since we only cook them in the oven we don't wrap them with a paper towel. If you save the bag that the tortillas come in, you can use it to keep the burritos from running all over the freezer. :o)

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE Brown Bag Burritos, and Amy's Finer Things! I made a batch right before I had Avery and they were a lifesaver. Loving the blog Megan, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you and do my best to reply. I am here to have fun so constructive comments only please.