Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cinnamon Ornaments

Disclaimer: Sorry about another recipe however this one is not edible. Please do not try to eat it.

4 Cups Cinnamon
(Yes, 4 cups. Yes, the people at the grocery store will look at you strange when you say you need 4 cups of cinnamon)

3 cups Applesauce

1/2 cup glue (I just used a 4 oz bottle of the cheapest Elmer's Glue)



Mix everything together very well. I used a spoon for  mixing the cinnamon and apple sauce. It got pretty thick and I completely abandoned the spoon by the time I added the glue. Really mix it. Get in there.



Let it sit for about an hour. I let mine sit longer  and it was fine.



Roll it out. About 1/2 inch worked well. The more you work with it the more moist it becomes.

Cut out with cookie cutters. We borrowed a box of 100 cookie cutters from my Aunt. I let the kids do just about whatever cookie cutters they wanted. This recipe makes ALOT of ornaments!






We laid them out on aluminum foil and I poked holes in them with a small straw.








Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours. Flip them over after an hour. I let mine sit for a couple of minutes before I flipped them. I found that they stuck to the aluminum foil unless I waited. They will shrink a little.

After baking them we let them cool and and then strung them with ribbon. They turned out really cute and our Little House smells amazing!




I got the recipe from www.kinderart.com/seasons/cinnamonronaments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you and do my best to reply. I am here to have fun so constructive comments only please.